What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the mode of advertising the product or service through various methods by using the electronic or digital platform as the key medium.
Digital marketing is not only the buzzword but it is rapidly growing as the technology has emerged a lot. As a marketer, one would like to get more exposure to their product or service in their target market.
When compared to a decade ago technology is developing in every field in recent years especially in the electronic media like the internet. The same applies to and shows its impact on marketing of any brand or organization of any kind be it a product or service to sell such as restaurant, spa, hotel, hospital, e-commerce platform, etc. whatever the business category may be, it needs the basic thing, that is to reach the potential audience and finally convert them into a customer.
Here comes the role of digital marketing. With emerging technology and an increased percentage of the population that is aware of and uses new trending technology, it has now become the basic requirement for the organizations to Adopt to the trending digital marketing strategies to play successfully in the business.
So what are the digital marketing trends that one has to adopt? Let’s have a look.
1. Voice Search
Voice search has proven as an effective way of searching on the internet. One simple example of this is Google’s voice assistant. Voice search is gaining its fame because it’s easy for the user to speak rather than type the sentence particularly when they are busy or if just don’t want to type a lot while searching the internet.
As a general notion, we may think that young generations who are tech savvy are the only population using voice search assistance. In reality, according to the research done by Thrive Analytics mobile users of all age groups use mobile personal assistance.
How to Adopt Voice Search?
One has to consider several aspects while planning to optimize the website for voice search. Key points to note while planning to adopt the Voice Search optimization for any webpage are:
- The page load speed of the webpage
- Is the page secured with HTTPS
- Domain Authority also plays a major role
- Social engagement of the content
- Easy and simple to read content
- Quality and comprehensiveness of the content
- SERP Position – Content that appears in the top 3 positions in desktop search have more chances of coming in voice search too
- Featured snippet – Content that appears on the featured snippet of Google’s search page has a higher chance of coming in voice search results
2. Video Marketing
Video marketing is another big opportunity to gain visibility and bring awareness to the target audience. Some examples are like a detailed video that explains the product, manufacturing process, or about any service. A detailed video helps the customer to better understand the product or the service.
There are plenty of opportunities to showcase videos related to brand visibility, brand awareness, customer reviews, etc. Social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are the most happening places that most of the business entities are utilizing the opportunity to reach the prospect audience.
How to Adopt Video Marketing?
The success of any content lies in the value that the content provides for the customer rather than focusing on the sales part. The same rule applies for video marketing too. Let the customer get a clear picture of what you offer.
Key points to note here are:
- Focus on the value that product or service has to offer rather than the sales part
- Should be able to convey the intended information in a short duration
- It should grab the audience attention and make them stick to the video
- Keep the story interesting to avoid boredom
- Optimize your video to be SEO friendly
- The goal is to educate your target customers about your product or service and build trust
3. Email Marketing
Email marketing is another mode of marketing that helps to personalize the information sent to the customers. Marketers have a scope of engaging the customer based on previous data about their interests, purchase history. Information about upcoming offers and any recent updates can be communicated to the customer through this medium.
Even though email marketing is an age-old strategy, the more personalization of emails is also a major part of the trending digital marketing strategy.
How to Adopt Email Marketing?
Few points to note while adopting the email marketing are:
- Build Mobile friendly emails or email campaigns
- Personalize the emails based on customer, location, interests, etc.
- Segment the customers based on relevancy for easy and bulk mailing
- Some automation may be implemented in certain types of emails
- Event-based email campaigns may be helpful in certain types of business models
4. AI and Interactive Chatbots
Chatbots are nothing but a computer program that is designed for the purpose of interacting with the customers to answer their queries as a replacement of human customer care personnel.
With the advancement in AI and machine learning the most common queries from the customers can be answered by using Chatbots as the first line customer handling medium.
For example, when a customer arrives on the website and wants to clarify his doubts, this scenario can be guided through a series of programmatic questions and the Chatbots can be optimized to minimize the error rate by integrating with machine learning.
It can be considered that AI, machine learning and Chatbots technology are only at their beginning stage and we can expect a lot more development in this segment in the coming years.
How to Adopt Chatbots?
There are plenty of readymade options available in the market to implement the chat options on a website. Choose the one that suits your business best.
Some examples of top Chatbots available are:
- Flow XO
5. Social Media Marketing
As with the advancement of technology and increasing smartphone users, social media is still one of the leading trends to follow to engage with the target group of audience. Choose the platform wisely depending on the category of the age group that you are targeting for more fruitful outcomes. Next big social platform that comes after Facebook is Instagram which is more optimized for image and video-based sharing. Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest and LinkedIn are few other options available that can be the best match based on the business model.
How to Adopt Social Media Marketing?
Some key points to be followed while choosing social media as one of the digital marketing sources are:
- Determine your target audience
- Select the proper platform that suits your business model
- Market and sell your products or services through social media
- Proper utilization of pictures, videos, and graphics to convey the message to customers
- Build trust and retain the customers by responding to the queries on social media