In today’s era of technology and advancement, the world moves away from SMS and MMS as the default mechanism to text message people. Nowadays, you have a bunch of chatting options that you will ever hunger for.
Though, the top chatting app is the one you can hook yourself, all your friends and family to tie down. But chances are you will end up with more than one of these apps as text messaging is the driving force in the turf of communication.
In the world of professionalism, communication is the foundation of constructing a thriving environment and culture. Messaging apps become a great way to share information and reduce the chances of no productivity.
Get the one best chat apps loaded into your phone, and you never have to anguish about staying in touch. We will then explore and list all those mobile apps that are at the top 10 priority and have already set the benchmarks for the chatting platform.
What Are The Exclusive Top 10 Chatting Mobile Apps?
Slack is one of the finer chatting apps for business purposes. It is a communication platform developed by American Software Company i.e., slack technologies.
Slack has an extremely professional look where groups can create channels, conduct voice calls, private chats, direct messaging, and more.
- Entirely free with no in-app purchase.
- Pay an optional subscription fee, those essential extra features, and kinds of stuff.
- Support third-party apps i.e., Giphy, Google Drive, and other fun tools.
- Innovatively secure enterprise-grade environment.
WhatsApp is the most known app in the world. Everyone knows about WhatsApp. It is a reliable, simple, and secure application for chatting.
With WhatsApp, you will get plenty of features like
- Group Chats
- Voice and video chats
- Allow video call upto eight members.
- Text messages
- Multimedia composition of GIFs, stickers, videos, and more.
- Free with no in-app purchases
Whatsapp provides non-stop updates with unique features and competes positively with predominantly every other chat app. IT has 450 million users daily.
Discord is the freeware instant chatting and messaging app for the gamers. It creates home for you to chat with your friends while playing.
Discord counts as one of the top mobile apps and its feature support in computer operating systems for communities ranging from gamers to education and businesses.
It offers the easiest way for communication with excellent quality features.
- Text, image, video & audio connectivity between users in a well-specified chat channel.
- Video chat capability above average.
- Socializing platform.
4. Facebook Messenger (Lite)
Facebook is famous for creating a connection that adds to the facilities for chatting with your close ones. Facebook has two chat applications.
The regular one, namely Facebook Messenger that includes features like chat heads, stickers, etc. Another lite version accord a basic chat app with no frills.
- Fast and data-efficient app.
- Run efficiently with quick loading.
- Remote Reachability.
- Personalized conversation.
It is the second biggest chatting apps in terms of active users.
One of the unique and different platforms that are relatively popular among the younger folks. Snapchat is a multimedia chatting app that supports quite a few things like voice calls, video messages, photo messages, live videos, and text messages with loads of fun filters.
- Snaps stored for a limited time.
- Delete messages after viewing.
- Snap stories for 24 hours.
- Plenty of silly animated outfits.
- Personalized bitmoji avatars.
- A special feature of the streak.
Snapchat allows you to send a snap to a particular recipient privately or viewed by a select group of followers.
Skype is a telecommunication app and the most recognizable messenger. It is one of the oldest and well- known chat apps on the market. On Skype, you can also transmit text, video, audio, images, and support for most file types, including documents, GIFs, and other pieces of stuff.
It is a rock-solid option like –
- Available in Lite version.
- Affordable international calling to mobiles and even on landlines.
- The free version allows conference calls with up to 25 people.
- Users can keep instant messaging history on the local computer or Skype’s cloud for 30 days.
Viber is cross-platform application software, provided as freeware. It secures a chatting app that keeps your conversation going no matter where you are. It is the most used app within the Eastern European market.
Viber Out allows people to call on their cell phone number or landline using Viber credit.
It boasts full experience with some extras like-
- Worldwide news, stickers, and more.
- Most stickers cost extra, hence the in-app purchase.
- Little heavier than most chat apps.
- Lets users chat and call for free via Wi-Fi or 3G connectivity.
Telegram is yet another top app for free chatting, sending voice and text messages to others around the globe. It is among the safest platforms out there with a focus on speed and security because it boasts 256-bit symmetrical AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption, and more.
- “Secret chat” function utilizes end-to-end encryption.
- Free of ads.
- Allows users to create massive groups of up to 200,000 members.
- Native app for most platforms.
- Sent messages can be edited within 48 hours.
The Band is the free mobile community application that opens doors for group communication. This app is recommended to peeps on school groups, sports teams, workgroups, gaming clans.
It allows you to create a separate space for communicating securely.
Set out features like –
- Shared calendar, polls, to-do lists, private chats.
- Organize your groups into various channels.
WeChat is available for all kinds of rostrum. It is referred to as “The App For Everything.”
Its features are far beyond the chat capabilities, includes
- Social media functions.
- Location sharing.
- Broadcasting to multiple recipients.
- Mobile payments as well.
- Read the news.
WeChat considers the biggest competitor to MasterCard, visa, etc., due to mobile payment capability. It allows you to send personalized messages for any type of occasion, including birthdays, Valentine’s Day, etc.
Hence, these apps have appeared to benefit us with luxurious services of all kinds of interactions with others from free text chatting, to voice & video calling, to file sharing & documents alongside the advantage of encryption.
Abhipsa Anindita can usually be found reading grammar and literature books. She likes reading, playing cards and talking to new people using top chatting apps. Most time goes on tutoring students and writing for them. She also like writing on vivid and latest technologies.